Monday April 1, 2013 Published by Conservancy North
FREE SUMMER CAMP FOR KIDS IN WASHINGTON HEIGHTS AND INWOOD!
Parents in Washington Heights and Inwood (zip codes 10032, 10033, 10034 and 10040) and Marble Hill (City Council District #10) who are seeking an enriching free summer program for their children may apply for openings in Columbia University's athletic summer camps for 2013.
Openings will be available in the one-week Baker Field Soccer, Baseball, and Roar-ee's Cubs Camp programs. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 3, 2013. The application is available here, as well as from the Offices of NYS Senator Adriano Espaillat and NYC Councilmembers Robert Jackson and Ydanis Rodriguez. Applicants will be selected via a lottery hosted by Conservancy North and the Police Athletic League on Friday May 10, 2012.
As part of the community benefits agreement and in response to the Community's concerns regarding the expansion of the sports complex at Baker Field on 218th Street, Columbia University has agreed to provide sports summer camp scholarships to 32 children in Community District 12, Manhattan and Marble Hill each year, beginning in 2011.
Conservancy North will serve as the administrator of this 2013 Camp Scholarship Program.
There will be 2 scholarships for each of the following week-long soccer & baseball camp sessions:
SOCCER, boys & girls ages 6-18 (http://bit.ly/11ac7h9)
BASEBALL, boys & girls ages 7-12 (http://bit.ly/XUMEY4)
There will be 7 scholarships for each of the following one-week CUBS CAMP sessions:
Mon-Fri sessions, boys & girls ages 6 -12 (http://bit.ly/134RYdu)
All camps start at 9:00 am and end at 3:00 pm, with suggested drop-off between 8:30am-9:00am and pick-up between 2:45pm-3:00 pm. (Soccer camp Fridays are 9:00 am-noon).
The application is attached as a .pdf document for you to print and complete, or circulate to your constituents, friends and neighbors.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION:
- Please include all of the requested information.
- Please write clearly.
- Be sure to rank the camp sessions that you are interested in, in order of preference.
- Return completed forms to one of the following locations:
- Inwood Community Services, 651 Academy Street (Attn: Angelo Ortiz)
- Community League of the Heights (CLOTH), 500 W. 159 Street (Attn: JonPaul Dyson)
- Police Athletic League (PAL), 216 Ft. Washington Avenue (Attn: Jennifer Tortora)
- The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, May 3 at 5:00 pm.
- The lottery will be held at PAL on Friday, May 10 at 11:00 am. You are welcome to attend, but you do not need to be present to receive a scholarship.